Your ARK profile
ARK allows each user to change elements of their profile and maybe add a picture.
The following fields are editable by all users in ARK:
- Email Display (defaults to “Hide my email address from everyone”)
- Email Format
- Email digest type
- Forum Auto-subscribe
- Forum tracking
- Skype ID
- Picture description
- Preferred name
The following fields are visible in ARK, but not editable. These values are derived from Paradigm. Once changed in Paradigm, these values will be available in ARK after the scheduled data sync.
NOTE: a = visible to user b = visible to others c = visible to teachers
|Field||visible to user||to others||to teachers|
^if assigned to a group and it is “visible”, within the unit where the Group is set up)
To change your user profile:
- Log into ARK
- Click on the your name, profile picture or the down arrow from the top right of ARK.
- Click on ‘Profile’
- Select Edit Profile in the User details section:
- You are presented with your profile and can make changes. The greyed fields are not editable as this information comes from Paradigm (see above).
- ARK allows for each user to have a ‘profile picture’. This is useful so that other students in your classes and academic staff can better recognise you. In order add a picture, simply drag and drop the image from your computer, into the browser and the ‘User picture’ section, placing it on the area containing the purple arrow.
- Click the Update Profile button on the bottom of the screen.
My name shown in ARK is not the name I use
For many of us, the name we are known by is not our formal/legal name.
Paradigm (the University students information database) allows a preferred name to be recorded. Presently this does not integrate with ARK, which simply displays your formal name.
If you wish to include on your profile the name that you are known by, then please do as follows:
- Choose Profile from the pull down next to your picture (top right of screen)
- Click on Edit profile
- Scroll to the end of the page, and click to expand the Other fields section
- There you can enter your Preferred name
- Finally, click on Update profile button.
When others click on your picture or name, they will now also see your preferred name. However, your formal name will still be listed in units.